quickly prepares samples for Atterberg Limits or grain size testing and other standard lab tests. It is an efficient method for reducing agglomerations of caked soil to individual grains, and much less labor-intensive than a manual mortar and pestle operation. The SA-45 grinders preserve true grain size for accurate and repeatable test results. The hopper has a 1pint (0.473L) capacity and features a manually operated gate to control the feed rate to the grinding chamber. The operation is simple: just load the hopper, start the grinder, and use the gate to control the material feed. A No. 10 (2.0mm) perforated stainless steel plate is included to retain larger particles. Most soil types are processed completely in less than 30 seconds per pint.
Rugged stainless steel contact parts reduce sample contamination. The reliable direct-drive motor and the grinding unit are mounted on a sturdy painted steel tripod stand. An in-line switch controls motor operation. A stainless steel lid covers the hopper during operation. Available in models that operate on 110V/60Hz or 220V/50Hz power supplies.
- Fast, efficient sample preparation of soils
- A manually-operated gate controls the feed rate
- Processes most soil types in less than 30 seconds
- Soil Grinder (110V/60Hz or 220V/50Hz)
- Perforated Plates for Soil Grinder as a replacement to the No. 10 or in two alternate sizes to retain larger particles